A Collection is the topmost level knowledge container of Talkdesk Knowledge Management™. You can think of a Collection as a container of knowledge where users are granted permissions to access the content.
Creating a Collection
To create a new Collection, please follow these steps, after logging in to your Talkdesk account as an Admin:
1. On the Knowledge Management Drawer, click on the “+” sign , next to Collections dropdown.
2. Fill in the sections for the Collection creation:
- Name: the name to be given to Collection and that will identify it.
- URL Key: this is an alias for the Collection URL in the knowledge base.
- Language: the language to be used in this Collection.
- Description: A descriptive text of the purpose of the Collection.
Organizing a Collection
When a Collection is created, below it another container of knowledge is created, named Knowledge sources. Inside these knowledge sources, you can find another structure where Topics, Articles, and Procedures are hosted. This structure is named Internal content.
As an example, from the picture above, we have:
- A Collection named “Knowledge Management Support” .
- Below that collection, you’ll find the Knowledge Sources section, and, its Internal content, with the same name as the collection, in this case, “Knowledge Management Support” .
Inside Internal content, you can manage (create, edit, and delete) Topics, Articles, and Procedures.
Managing access to Internal content
You can manage users’ access permissions to internal content. This way, you are able to restrict and change the access to that content to some users of your organization.
To manage permissions, please follow these steps:
Select Manage Permissions from the drop-down menu.
There are “Default permissions” for users, depending on the role of those users. In this version of Knowledge Management, the “Default permissions” are as follows:
- Administrator: has all the permissions (can view and edit content).
- Supervisor: has all the permissions (can view and edit content).
- Agent: can only view content.
In this version of Knowledge Management, the starting point to configure permissions (“Default permissions will be applied” ) are the “Default permissions”. This is the only currently available option, which means that users will have access to content according to their roles, as described above.
In order to manage personalized permissions:
- Restrict users’ access permissions . You can build a custom permissions list by adding users to the customized permissions’ list described above, as follows.
- The personalized permissions will be listed here .
1. Select which access permission you want to set for a user.
2. Select the user you want to set that permission for.
Tip: You can choose if an Administrator has “Can view” access to a certain collection Internal content, or if an agent has “Has no access”.
Note: You can always demote permissions, but never promote. As an example, an agent can never get a “Can view and edit” customized permission.
3. You can see and delete personalized permissions of a collection Internal content.
The below table is a list of customized/personalized permissions for a collection Internal content. This means that the users in this list are an exception to the “Default permissions applied” to the collection Internal content (in this version, as described above, the Default permissions applied are according to the “Default permissions”).
To delete a customization:
Click on the trash bin icon  on the right side of the screen, next to the customized permission.
Editing Configurations of a Collection Internal content
You can change the settings of a Collection Internal content using the (...) more options button  in the Knowledge sources page.
You can configure the following:
- Description of the Internal content .
- Choose if the contents created in the Internal content are to be used for the Self-service contents .