Talkdesk will release version 3.8 of the Salesforce Managed Package. This package will include updates required to maintain compliance with Salesforce’s critical update, which is scheduled to take place January 3, 2020. This release will also include notable changes that support the release of our new Talkdesk Live dashboard and SMS components.
When will the change happen?
On November 14, 2019, Talkdesk will push version 3.8 of Talkdesk for Salesforce to all customers who have requested a sandbox-first upgrade.
Beginning November 19, 2019, the push upgrade process will be initiated for all remaining customers. This upgrade will take place from 9:00AM to 11:30AM GMT on November 19th and again on November 20th. On November 21, 2019, we will globally update all Talkdesk customers to version 3.8 to ensure compliance with Salesforce’s critical update and ability to use Talkdesk Live inside Salesforce.
What enhancements does this change bring?
- Salesforce Breaking Changes - This Salesforce update aims to revoke read access to custom settings using APIs from users without permission to do so. This change is already available for manual enablement and it will become effective for all organizations on January 3, 2020, as part of the Salesforce Spring ‘20 release.
- Salesforce SMS Component Re-factor - We have enhanced the reach of sending an SMS from the case or contact object in Salesforce. SMSs can be sent to any of the supported countries listed here, no longer is there a restriction to using US or Canadian numbers. In addition to this, it is also now possible to see the defined outbound number friendly name.
- Talkdesk Live Updates - We are bringing the latest version of Talkdesk Live to the Talkdesk for Salesforce Managed Package. Review this Knowledge Base article to learn more about Talkdesk Live. This update will bring you the ability to create/duplicate multiple dashboards, breakdown your data by team or ring group, filter by team and a more user-friendly UI. These features have been available exclusively on Talkdesk Main up until now.
What do I need to do?
Due to the large number of changes to Talkdesk Live, after November 22, 2019, you will have to upgrade to the latest version of the Salesforce Managed Package in order to access Talkdesk Live within Salesforce. If by this date you are not ready to update to this version, you will still be able to use Talkdesk Live within Main.
- Message status on the Salesforce SMS component now automatically updates.
- Search now populates properly when inputting or searching for the outbound number on the Salesforce SMS component.
- Added user handling message on Salesforce SMS component when not properly activated.
- Fields Hour of the Day, Half-Hour, Day of the Week and Month of the Year now showing correct data.
If you have any questions, please refer to your Customer Success Manager or contact Talkdesk Support at email@example.com.