Note: Starting on June 1st, 2020, Talkdesk will begin the process of deprecating the legacy reporting, which means that the legacy settings described below will only be available until May 31st, 2020. Please read our Product Notice.
Talkdesk Explore introduces new changes to the existing scheduled report structure - it stores schedules at the user level, where Talkdesk Legacy reporting stores schedules at the account level. Storing reports at the user level has multiple advantages, including:
- You only see reports that are important to you.
- Individual schedules allows you to make changes to your reports without impacting other users.
- There is no management of reports required when an admin leaves the organization as their reports are only visible to them.
One of the main objectives of introducing a new, more flexible and resilient UI with Explore is to provide an overall more seamless experience when viewing your data. Below, we will share a few tips and tricks to enable a smooth transition from the legacy report schedules to the updated reporting schedule functionalities within Explore.
The best place to start is to go through your current list of scheduled reports and pick the ones that you want to keep and replicate in Explore.
What are the advantages of recreating your Scheduled Reports?
- Promotes a decluttering moment and deprecation of obsolete scheduled reports.
- Allows for a more refined allocation of schedules to specific users.
- More options to configure delivery time and frequency of delivery.
- With the improved filtering capabilities, schedules can be set to have the exact data you need to receive (in the below example, you can set one report with no filters and immediately create a new scheduling filtering it by Call Ring Group).
- Reorganize the way schedules work by report or dashboard (for example, you could configure a new weekly schedule and another one with monthly delivery timeframes in the same interface).
Here’s a simple example of updating a schedule of Activity Report from legacy reporting to Explore:
You’ll be able to configure your own schedules on Explore taking advantage of the new filtering, new delivery frequency and new ownership of your data. We suggest that once new schedules are enabled in Explore, the old ones are disabled by pressing the disable toggle in each report: