On Wednesday, August 21st, we will be releasing Talkdesk for Salesforce Version 3.6
We are excited to announce the release of Talkdesk for Salesforce, Version 3.6. Please see below for details regarding the upgrade schedule and summary of new features.
On Wednesday, August 21st, Talkdesk will push v3.6 of Talkdesk for Salesforce to all customers who have requested a sandbox-first upgrade.
On Monday, August 26th, the push upgrade process will be initiated for all remaining customers. This upgrade will take place on August 26th and August 27th.
If you need to get specific details for your organization on the rollout plan, please refer to your Customer Success Manager or contact Talkdesk Support at email@example.com.
- Smart SMS (early access) - It’s now possible to send an SMS to a list of contacts, leads or cases, this feature will make the Talkdesk for Salesforce package even more complete as we introduce this new way for our customers to leverage the SMS channel. Note: Access to this feature will depend on your license type. SMS rates also apply.
- Smart Automations - Talkdesk customers can now use clicks to trigger custom processes in Salesforce. With Smart Automations, Talkdesk is now integrated with Salesforce’s Lightning Flows. You can take any call action (i.e., when a call ends) and invoke a Lightning Flow.
- Refactored Intelligent Routing - Enhancements to Intelligent Routing now allow any admin to set up routing based on Salesforce data without leaving Salesforce.
- Revised UI elements: Some assets, messages and communication structures were revised and updated.
- Change on the default CTI: The default CTI for new Talkdesk for Salesforce users is now Callbar CTI Electron.
- Popup case enhancement: Case Pops now work with Case Owner and Agents: You can now pop a case to the case owner or the agents that have a call history on the case.
- Talkdesk for Salesforce Users With Shared Emails: Talkdesk licenses work with unique email addresses. Now, when this error occurs, the error message shows the error list of licensed users.
- Deactivated Users: Deactivated users often still consume a Talkdesk for Salesforce license. Now, these deactivated users will be highlighted in the Talkdesk Admin > Users tab with steps on how to reutilize these licenses.
- New T4SF Live support: From the end of August, customers with prior versions of the T4SF package will not be able to have access to T4SF Live.
- Relate to: The prioritized record on this feature will now be on the currently open case or opportunity record.
- Permission Set Revision: From this version on, the Talkdesk Admin Permission Set will grant the necessary permissions to resolve any related admin package actions.
- If your managed package version is prior to 3.x then your admin will need to perform the following actions:
After the upgrade, a user with the Talkdesk for Salesforce Admin Permission Set will need to log in to Talkdesk via the Talkdesk Admin tab in Salesforce:
- If your managed package is already on a 3.x version, you do not need to take any action.