IMPORTANT: On February 21, 2022, we announced the End of Life of the Main Dialer (sometimes also referred to as “Keypad”).
Conversations is replacing the Main Dialer. The Main Dialer features previously described in this article are now available in Conversations.
Note: These steps are based on Mac’s Mojave operating system, however, they apply to most Mac operations systems.
When the Firewall is enabled in your MacOS, it enforces a restrictive security policy preventing apps from having free access. Without permission to use the camera or microphone, an app cannot capture video or record audio — not even silently or in the background.
For Talkdesk, this means that you or your agents may struggle with microphone issues when using, or after upgrading to, a certain MacOS. The most common issue could be callers who cannot hear the agent.
To enable Talkdesk to work properly, you need to adjust the Security & Privacy system settings and the browser settings.
System microphone permissions
Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
1. Click the icon labeled Security & Privacy.
2. Click the Firewall tab at the top and then click the Firewall Options button.
If the lock icon at the lower left is "locked", click the icon labeled Click the lock to make changes and enter your credentials:
3. Here you will see the apps allowed to accept incoming connections. If you don’t see Callbar and the Chrome icon, you can add them by clicking the plus sign (+) and then OK.
4. Click the Privacy tab at the top. In the column on the left, click on the Microphone to manage apps permissions. Tick the boxes next to the apps for which you would like to grant access.
Browser microphone permissions
1. Log into Talkdesk Main web application, in Google Chrome, (https://accountname.mytalkdesk.com/) and check if the site is allowing audio and mic access. To check this, click on the small lock on the left side of the URL.
2. If you don’t see Microphone and Sound with the Allow option, click the Site settings and change them.
Changes will only take effect after restarting Callbar and Chrome. Do a test call using Callbar (Widget Mode).
You will be prompted to allow access to the microphone: click OK to grant it access and you are all set.