On Monday, November 19, we started rolling out a multistep version upgrade to our Talkdesk for Salesforce managed package in preparation for our new Version 3 release, expected to be progressively deployed on all accounts starting December 3, 2018.
How does the upgrade process to Version 3 work?
The Talkdesk for Salesforce Version 3 upgrade will be achieved through two scheduled automatic pushes, rolled out to sandbox and production accounts:
- A Monday, November 19, 2018 push that upgraded a set of customers on older versions to v.2.23
- A push scheduled to start on Monday, December 3rd, 2018 at 1 AM PST that will upgrade customers to v.3. A small set of customers that have made requests will get a push to v.3 on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 1 AM PST. Please contact the Talkdesk team at email@example.com if you want this push scheduled to your sandbox account first.
Do I need to take any action?
Customers will need to take a simple login action after Version 3 is pushed. This is highly suggested for all customers and is mandatory for customers that synchronize leads to Talkdesk contacts.
Action Needed: A user with the Talkdesk for Salesforce administrator permission set will need to login into Talkdesk via the Talkdesk Admin Tab in Salesforce:
If no login action is taken, there is a small risk of duplicate contacts for customers that sync lead objects with Talkdesk.
Talkdesk will do a check of customers on Friday, December 7, 2018 to see who has not yet completed this login action. The customers with no login action detected will receive a reminder email.
Enhancements and fixes
The Talkdesk for Salesforce managed package Version 2.23 update includes the following enhancements:
- A Salesforce Permission Set check based on recommendations from Salesforce. This allows Talkdesk to understand which accounts have incorrect permissions setup, and to work with any affected customers to help them resolve it to meet Salesforce’s security restrictions standards.
- A bug fix in the LeadConversionJob that was preventing it from being scheduled. You can now see this scheduled job in Salesforce.
Talkdesk for Salesforce managed package Version 3 update includes the following new features, enhancements and bug fixes:
- Salesforce Sandbox Refresh: We now verify if your Salesforce account is already connected to a Talkdesk account. This mitigates issues on bad configurations and Salesforce Sandbox Refresh.
- Talkdesk ID: A more seamless and secure authentication into Salesforce. Talkdesk will automatically make changes to the remote site settings on behalf of the customer to allow for the migration to this new authentication system. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [Closed Beta] SMS from Contacts Detail: In this closed beta for SMS, you can now send an SMS directly from a Salesforce Contact Detail screen. This is similar to what you can currently do from Case records, making it easier to interact with your contacts directly from the Contact record.
- [General Availability] ‘Relate to’ in the Callbar: Relating a call in Callbar App to a case or opportunity in Salesforce is now out of beta. You will no longer need to contact Talkdesk Support to enable this feature for your organization.
- Additional validation for User Provisioning in Talkdesk for Salesforce: We improved the validation of Talkdesk user activation and deactivation from Talkdesk for Salesforce.
- Omni-Channel Status Mismatch Notification: You can now subscribe to be notified via email whenever Talkdesk and Salesforce Omni-Channel statuses fail to sync properly. You can activate this feature by going to the Omni-Channel section under the Talkdesk Admin tab.
- Fixed an issue in which Talkdesk Activities had 1-hour differentials with corresponding Salesforce timestamps.
- Corrected a process that infrequently generated an Apex CPU time limit error when processing bulk Leads in Salesforce.
- Talkdesk Activities: Mitigated a Talkdesk Activities performance issue when leads are converted (in preparation for a definitive fix with an upcoming new Callbar version).
- Salesforce CTI UserInfo: Mitigated an issue with a Winter ‘19 error message showing up from Salesforce about not having permissions for UserInfo.