On Monday, November 19, we started rolling out a multistep version upgrade to our Talkdesk for Salesforce managed package, in preparation for our new Version 3 release expected to be progressively deployed to all accounts starting December 3, 2018.
How does the upgrade process to Version 3 work?
The Talkdesk for Salesforce Version 3 upgrade will be achieved through three scheduled automatic pushes, rolled out to sandbox and production accounts:
- A Monday, November 19, 2018 push that upgraded a set of customers on older versions to v.2.23
- A push started on Monday, December 3rd, 2018 at 1 AM PST that upgraded customers without a lead sync use case to v.3. A small set of customers that made this request got a push to v.3 on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 1 AM PST.
- All customers not yet on the newest version will be pushed in weekly rollouts between March and April during non business hours. Your support contact will receive an email notification letting you know when (in which week) this upgrade will take place for your account.
Do I need to take any action?
No action is required. However, please contact the Talkdesk team at email@example.com if you want this push scheduled to your sandbox account first.
Talkdesk for Salesforce managed package Version 3 update includes the following new features, enhancements and bug fixes:
- Salesforce Sandbox Refresh: We now verify if your Salesforce account is already connected to a Talkdesk account. This mitigates issues on bad configurations and Salesforce Sandbox Refresh.
- Talkdesk ID: A more seamless and secure authentication into Salesforce. Talkdesk will automatically make changes to the remote site settings on behalf of the customer to allow for the migration to this new authentication system. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [Closed Beta] SMS from Contacts Detail: In this closed beta for SMS, you can now send an SMS directly from a Salesforce Contact Detail screen. This is similar to what you can currently do from Case records, making it easier to interact with your contacts directly from the Contact record.
- [General Availability] ‘Relate to’ in the Callbar: Relating a call in Callbar App to a case or opportunity in Salesforce is now out of beta. You will no longer need to contact Talkdesk Support to enable this feature for your organization.
- Additional validation for User Provisioning in Talkdesk for Salesforce: We improved the validation of Talkdesk user activation and deactivation from Talkdesk for Salesforce.
- Omni-Channel Status Mismatch Notification: You can now subscribe to be notified via email whenever Talkdesk and Salesforce Omni-Channel statuses fail to sync properly. You can activate this feature by going to the Omni-Channel section under the Talkdesk Admin tab.
- Fixed an issue in which Talkdesk Activities had 1-hour differentials with corresponding Salesforce timestamps.
- Corrected a process that infrequently generated an Apex CPU time limit error when processing bulk Leads in Salesforce.
- Talkdesk Activities: Mitigated a Talkdesk Activities performance issue when leads are converted (in preparation for a definitive fix with an upcoming new Callbar version).
- Salesforce CTI UserInfo: Mitigated an issue with a Winter ‘19 error message showing up from Salesforce about not having permissions for UserInfo.