Note: Talkdesk Studio is in beta and currently available to customers who subscribed to our Early Adopters program. If you wish to apply, please contact your CSM or Talkdesk support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
We've created a new IVR greeting, now let's set up our IVR menu options.
- Click the My new IVR component  and select the Exits tab .
- In Keypress exits , select "1".
- IVR option 1 is going to send the call to our sales team so we’ll name our Exit, "1 for sales".
- Hit Send to  and select the Add new step option.
- On the Component drop-down menu, select Assignment and Dial so we can select where calls will be routed when customers press 1.
- Type in a name for this step. We’ll call ours: "Sales queue".
- Press Add Step .
- Hit Add Exit  to add our second IVR Keypress option.
- In Keypress exits , select "2" to send the call to our support team.
- Type in a name for this Exit (e.g. "2 for support").
- Click the Send to drop-down and select Add new step .
- On the Component drop-down menu, select Assignment and Dial again so we can define where option 2 should route our callers.
- We’ll name this step, "Support queue".
- Hit Add Step  and Save  your changes.
Note: You may notice that some errors appear each time you save the flow. This is normal and will continue until all steps are complete and the flow is ready to be published.
Lastly, in the "Timeout" section you must specify:
- How many seconds the system will wait for the caller to select an option  before redirecting the call to another component (or the same if applicable) .
- Where to send the call if the caller presses an invalid key .
Our IVR menu is ready! Try it out on your own account, before we proceed with Getting Started Step 3 tutorial to learn how to route calls to agents using Talkdesk Studio.