Note: Talkdesk Studio is in beta and currently available to customers who subscribed to our Early Adopters program. If you wish to apply, please contact your CSM or Talkdesk support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Let’s get started with learning how to use Talkdesk Studio by creating a new IVR greeting.
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Click the Admin section  at the top of the page.
- Select the Flows tab .
- Click the Create New Flow button  and type in a name and a brief description of your new flow’s main actions, so you can easily identify it when assigning phone numbers later on. We’ve named ours “Inbound EMEA” and used "Inbound support flow for EMEA region" as the description.
- Hit Create Flow .
Now you can start defining your new flow and configuring its components. A flow definition acts as a "script" and is started by an interaction trigger that defines the steps that the components will execute.
- Click the start_step component  to display the interaction's Preferences and Exits menu.
- Select the Exits tab  to start defining what’s the next step on your flow once a call arrives.
- Expand the Send to drop-down menu  and select Add new step.
- Select Standard IVR from the Component drop-down menu.
- Type in a name for this exit step. We’ll call ours 'My new IVR'.
- Hit Add Step .
- Click the new My new IVR component .
- Under the Preferences tab, make sure Text to speech is selected and on the Language of audio output drop-down menu , select the language to be used for the new greeting (we’ve selected English, UK for ours).
- Type in the message you want your customers to hear when they reach this IVR on the Text to speech box (e.g. “Press 1 for sales, 2 for support.”) .
- Press the Save button  to create your new flow.
Go ahead and give it a try on your own account now, before proceeding with our Getting Started Step 2 tutorial to learn how to set up the IVR menu options.