If you need to remove Talkdesk for Salesforce, for troubleshooting or other reasons, you can follow these guidelines.
Before starting, please make sure that you have System Administrator permissions in Salesforce, and/or the ability to create, update and delete AppExchange packages.
To minimize the impact, we recommend executing these steps after-hours or during periods of lower call volume.
Step 1: Disconnecting
Disconnecting means removing the integration between your Talkdesk account and Salesforce.
- Click on the 'Talkdesk Admin' tab.
- In 'Account', hit the 'Disconnect From Salesforce' button .
Disconnecting is not a complete uninstall and your data, including the list of automations, will be kept.
However, please note that, while disconnected, your automations or Talkdesk Activities will not be logged.
Reconnecting is very simple: just enter your Talkdesk credentials in the 'Talkdesk Admin' tab. Next, review your settings and re-enable automations.
There may be situations in which disconnecting is enough, so we strongly recommend trying this option first before uninstalling the managed package.
Step 2: Uninstalling the Managed Package
If you need to uninstall the Salesforce Managed Package, select 'Setup'  from the upper right-hand corner in Salesforce.
- Search for 'Installed Packages'  in the quick find box, or select it from the left sidebar.
- Next, click 'Uninstall'  next to the managed package you wish to uninstall.
- In the page that opens, click again on 'Uninstall'.
Save a copy of the data before uninstalling:
- At the bottom of the page, select 'Save a copy of this package's data for 48 hours after uninstall' so that you can recover it when you reinstall the managed package.
- Tick 'Yes, I want to uninstall this package and permanently delete all associated components'.
- Select 'Uninstall'.
You will be directed to the 'Installed Packages' page, where you can check the status.
When the uninstall is complete, you will receive an email containing the link to the export file (a ZIP with CSV files). Go to Step 3 for guidelines on how to recover the data using this file.
Note: The link to the export file will be available for only 48 hours, so you should save a copy of the file in a safe location.
Uninstall error messages
Permission Set Assignments
If you have one or more users using Talkdesk for Salesforce and uninstall the managed package, you may get an error message (e.g. "Unable to uninstall package"). This is due to the Permission Set Assignments. You need to remove these from each user first, before proceeding.
- Select 'Setup' and search for the 'Users' section.
- Click on the user’s name.
- Hover over the 'Permission Set Assignments' field and click 'Del' to remove the permission.
Custom Page Layouts
You may also get an error message if you have any custom page layouts, such as SMS. You need to remove these too.
- If you are in Lightning, switch to Salesforce Classic.
- In 'Setup', search for 'Cases' > 'Page Layout'.
- Click 'Edit' on the Page Layout that does not have a Feed-Based Layout.
- Scroll down and remove the section.
- Press 'Save'.
Step 3: Reinstalling the Managed Package and Recovering Data
If you wish to reinstall the managed package of Talkdesk for Salesforce, download it from AppExchange and follow these guidelines.
After reinstalling, you can recover your data using the export file created before.
- Click on the link provided in the email that you received.
- Click on 'Data' to download the ZIP file.
To import the data back into Salesforce, you need to use an import tool like the Data Import Wizard or Data Loader.
For more details, please check the documentation from Salesforce on importing package data.
Tip: You can look for the tool using the search bars in Salesforce.
If you need additional guidance with the above steps, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or [email protected]