Talkdesk Teams offers a new way to formally group, organize and filter your agents in Talkdesk.
With Teams, admins and supervisors can now create groups of agents, which can represent skills, departments, languages, etc.
It is through ring groups that Talkdesk routes different types of calls to agents with the proper skills to handle them (to learn more about ring groups in Talkdesk visit this article). Filtering by ring groups is still available however, as an admin you can now define, edit and assign agents to specific teams and then filter and see metrics results also per teams in Talkdesk Live.
You can also use teams filtering in combination with ring group filters to see a subset of results (example: ring group sales, team Portugal).
To create a new Team, follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Access the "Teams" section at the top of the page .
- Click the ‘Create your first team’ or the ‘Create new team’ button .
- Type in your team details: name and description of the team .
- Select your team’s Timezone : for information purposes only, so it’s easier for you to visualize where each team is located.
- Select the ‘Members’ tab :
- Click the ‘Add Team Members’ button  to start adding your new team members. You can search by name or ring group.
Note: Members of the team will all count towards reporting metrics. A user can only belong to one team at a time so, in case you were using ring groups with the sole purpose of creating a team (and not for routing purposes) we have included a feature to search by ring group so it's easier to transition a group of users that are assigned to a ring group into a team.
- Once you’re happy with your selection press save to create the team.
And that’s it! Your team is now created! You can start using the newly created teams to easily and quickly filter metrics for those groups of agents in Talkdesk Live.
You can also check the members included in each team at any time by clicking the team’s card:
Note: Teams are available in closed beta. We are working on new features to introduce further reporting capabilities that, among other things, will allow you to use settings on the team level, assign team leaders to a team or delete unused teams, so stay tuned!
By default, all Admin users are set to include the “Create” role permission and have the ability to view, create and edit the Teams section. Agents will not be able to view this section. However, as an admin you can decide to restrict these permissions only to a selected group of people E.g. you can configure your supervisor role to edit and see the Teams section, but only admins will have the create permission to be able to create new teams. Learn more here.