Callbar is an application that allows agents to make and receive calls via Talkdesk from any application they are working in. It works just like the existing Keypad in the main Talkdesk web application, giving your agents the power to communicate with customers in real time.
Some benefits of the Callbar include:
- Lightweight and easy to use. Talkdesk's Callbar can be used by anyone in your organization.
- Compatible across applications. Talkdesk supports your existing workflow and ensures you always have the context you need when connecting to customers in real-time.
- Always accessible. Make and answer calls from anywhere on your desktop - no more having to comb through open tabs for your softphone.
Adding Salesforce users to the Talkdesk Callbar
In order to add new Salesforce users to the Talkdesk Callbar follow these steps (Note: you must have admin permissions):
- Go to your Talkdesk Admin tab in Salesforce .
- Select 'Users' .
- Tick the boxes next to the users you wish to add to the Talkdesk Callbar .
- Press the 'Add User' button  in case these are new users:
- A new window will pop up asking you to assign the new agent a role and select a CTI. Select the Callbar CTI and press 'Add User'.
- In case these are existing users and you simply wish to assign the Talkdesk Callbar, tick the required active users and press 'Change CTI' . Select the 'Callbar CTI':
That’s it! Agents can now start making and receiving calls using the Callbar, while taking advantage of a 360 degree view of the incoming caller directly in Salesforce, to reduce agent’s time to resolution.
Once installed, the agents can launch the Callbar while working in Salesforce, and initiate a call to one of the contacts with an associated phone number, through a single click on that contact's profile page.