Callbar is an application that allows agents to make and receive calls via Talkdesk from any application they are working in. It works just like the existing Keypad in the main Talkdesk web application, giving your agents the power to communicate with customers in real time.
Some benefits of the Callbar include:
- Lightweight and easy to use. Talkdesk's Callbar can be used by anyone in your organization.
- Compatible across applications. Talkdesk supports your existing workflow and ensures you always have the context you need when connecting to customers in real-time.
- Always accessible. Make and answer calls from anywhere on your desktop - no more having to comb through open tabs for your softphone.
Adding Salesforce users to Callbar Chrome App CTI
In order to add Salesforce users to use Talkdesk Callbar follow these steps (Note: you must have admin permissions):
- Go to your Talkdesk Admin tab in Salesforce 
- Select 'Users' 
- Select the users you wish to add to Talkdesk Callbar Chrome App CTI  or press the 'Add User' button in case these are new users
- Click the Change CTI button  and select the Callbar CTI for your users 
Note: Callbar CTI is only recommended for users using Chrome OS. Users using Windows, Mac or Linux machines should have Callbar App installed instead and select Callbar CTI Electron as the CTI connector.
That’s it! Agents can now start making and receiving calls using the Callbar, while taking advantage of a 360 degree view of the incoming caller directly in Salesforce, to reduce agent’s time to resolution.
Once installed, agents can launch the Callbar while working in Salesforce, and initiate a call to one of the contacts with an associated phone number, through a single click on that contact's profile page.