Talkdesk Callbar was designed to provide agents with the best contact center experience. In addition to being the fastest and most reliable way to handle Talkdesk phone calls, Callbar also helps to streamline agent workflows by providing the freedom to work across multiple applications.
Use Callbar to:
Making and receiving calls using Callbar:
- Type in or copy and paste a phone number into the dialer pad .
- Once you have entered the number, click the 'Call' button  to initiate a call.
- You can also click the Address Book  next to the Call button instead to quickly browse through the list of all available agents. Simply click a name  to initiate an internal call. Selecting the favorites tab instead  will display the list of your favorite external numbers.
- While dialing a number, you can see the information on the customer's name and number as well as the number being used to perform the outbound call on the top.
- When receiving calls, besides this information, you will also be able to see the ring groups associated with the call and the number being used by the customer while calling. Clicking the copy icon next to it allows you to quickly copy the phone number so you can then paste it into any document or program.
- In case a badge is displayed above the contact's name with the Talkdesk or any integration logo (such as Salesforce, Zendesk or Desk), clicking it will pop open the contact's page in Talkdesk or the integration selected by your account admin:
Setting your availability:
- You can change your status at any time from the navigation bar, using the dropdown menu on the bottom left corner :
- Talkdesk will change your status automatically when you are on a call or if Automatic Away is enabled.
- When you log out from Callbar, you will be logged out from the main web application too. And if you log out from there, you will be logged out of Callbar as well, even if the 'Widget Mode' is selected. In both cases, this means that your status will change to ‘Offline’.
Mute and Hold:
- To place a call on hold simply click the “Hold” button . When a call is on hold, the caller cannot hear you and you cannot hear the caller. Every time a caller is placed on hold an 'On Hold’ timer is displayed below the call duration timer. Agents can thus see how much time has passed since they’ve placed the customer on hold, so it’s easier for them to periodically check back and let the caller know they are still connected. Note: Calls cannot be transferred while callers are on hold.
- To mute a caller click the “Mute” button . When a call is on mute, you can still hear your caller but the caller can't hear you:
- Use the 'Transfer' button to transfer a call . Start by selecting whether you want to warm or blind transfer the call .
- Select or type in the name of any agent  to confirm status and add him or her to the call, or type any phone number  and press enter or the transfer button  to transfer the call.
- Select the Ring Groups tab to transfer the call to a ring group .
- Selecting the Favorites tab instead will display the list of your favorite external numbers. Simply select your required favorite contact to transfer the call. You can also type or paste any phone number. Then, just press Enter, or the transfer button, to add an external number to the call.
- If you selected warm transfer, you can talk to the receiving agent about the caller’s issue, give any background information that might be helpful and prepare him or her for the interaction. Press the ‘Connect’  link to connect the customer to the call.
- When ready, press the ‘Finish Transfer’  button: the caller will be left in line with the new agent.
- The "Cancel Transfer"  button allows you to cancel the transfer and go back to the original call.
- Use the keypad button  to enter any required extension or IVR option:
Call conferencing allows you to add guests to a call. A guest can be another agent, a customer/prospect/lead or a manager.
- If you want to add one or more guests to the call for a conference call, click the “Add Guest” button .
- Select or type in the name of any agent  to confirm status and add him or her to the call, or type any phone number and press enter to add an external number to the call.
- You can add as many people as you'd like to the call . The customer's name is always displayed in the first line of the participants (independent of how many guests there are).
- You can remove any guest (except the original customer) by simply clicking the ‘Remove’ button next to the name :
- When multiple contacts share the same phone number, clicking the contact dropdown  next to the name or phone number will display the list of available contacts. Select the correct contact from the dropdown menu and your call will be logged to that contact:
- When the contact does not yet exist, you can also create a new contact.
Pause Call Recording:
- If this feature has been enabled by an administrator, you will see a small recording icon  on the bottom right corner of your Callbar.
- To pause the recording, simply click it. This is a great feature if you wish to, for instance, prevent the recording of any sensitive information (i.e credit card details, etc.) during your call.
- Once you hit pause, you will have a visual indicator showing the call recording as paused. To resume the call recording simply click it again:
Adding a note to a caller’s activity history is an easy way to keep your entire team informed about something important. Notes are also helpful when transferring calls, as the next agent will have relevant information on the caller before answering the phone.
To add a note while the caller is on the phone:
- Click the 'Create A Note' button .
- A new window will appear allowing you to enter notes for the caller. You can close and reopen the notes at any time during the call and any information added will be saved. Once the call is finished and a disposition is set for the call, the note will be added to the caller's “Activity” tab in the contact’s profile.
Note: The adding notes options will be greyed out and disabled if call dispositions are not enabled for the account.
Opening the contact page on an integration:
If you have Talkdesk integrated with Zendesk, Desk, Salesforce or any other integration, clicking the customer’s integration badge  in the Callbar will display the contact’s profile in the system of your choice:
Initiating a call directly from an integration:
On the other hand, while working in Salesforce, Zendesk or Desk.com you can also initiate a call to one of your contacts who has a phone number associated by simply clicking the name on that contact's profile page :