Note: With Talkdesk Agent Workspace generally available, we announced — on February 21, 2022 — the End of Life to our legacy Agent products — Main Dialer, Talkdesk Callbar, and associated Agent tabs in Main — which includes the feature(s) described below in this article. You may continue to use the legacy agent products until the EoL date. However, upon the End of Support date, Talkdesk will no longer provide fixes or enhancements to the products, so you should upgrade to Talkdesk Agent Workspace.
Talkdesk Callbar was designed to provide agents with the best contact center experience. In addition to being the fastest and most reliable way to handle Talkdesk phone calls, Callbar also helps to streamline agent workflows by providing the freedom to work across multiple applications.
Use Callbar to:
Making and Receiving Calls using Callbar
- Type in or copy and paste a phone number into the dialer pad . If you are an administrator or have the right permissions, you will be able to change the default country prefix that is next to the dialer pad. To learn more, read the article Default Prefix.
- Once you have entered the number, click the "Call" button  to initiate a call.
- You can also click the "Address Book"  next to the "Call" button instead to quickly browse through the list of all available agents. Simply click a name  to initiate an internal call (make sure that the Device Settings are configured as recommended in the article Calling an Agent or Manager (agent to agent calls).
- Selecting the Favorites tab instead  will display the list of your favorite external numbers.
- While dialing a number, you can see the contact's name and number as well as the number being used to perform the outbound call on the top.
- When receiving calls, besides this information, you will also be able to see the ring groups associated with the call and the number being used by the customer while calling. Clicking the copy icon next to it allows you to quickly copy the phone number so you can then paste it into any document or program.
- In case a badge is displayed above the contact's name with the Talkdesk or any integration logo (such as Salesforce or Zendesk), clicking it will pop open the contact's page in Talkdesk or the integration selected by your account admin:
Note: Depending on how the Device Settings have been configured, you may be able to make and/or receive calls on an external phone or SIP phone.
Setting your Availability
- You can change your status at any time from the navigation bar, using the drop-down menu in the bottom left corner :
- Talkdesk will change your status automatically when you are on a call or if Automatic Away is enabled.
- When you log out from Callbar, you are also logging out from the main web application in the browser, and vice versa, even if the 'Widget Mode' is selected. In both cases, this means that your status will change to "Offline".
Mute and Hold
- To place a call on hold, simply click the Hold button . When a call is on hold, the caller cannot hear you and you cannot hear the caller. Every time a caller is placed on hold an "On Hold" timer is displayed below the call duration timer. Agents can thus see how much time has passed since they’ve placed the customer on hold, so it’s easier for them to periodically check back and let the caller know they are still connected. Note: Calls cannot be transferred while callers are on hold.
- To mute a call, click the Mute button . When a call is on mute, you can still hear the caller but the caller can't hear you:
- Use the Transfer button to transfer a call . Start by selecting whether you want to warm or blind transfer the call .
- Select or type in the name of any agent  to confirm their status.
- Add the agent to the call, or type any phone number .
- Hit Enter or the Transfer button  to transfer the call.
- Select the Ring Groups tab to transfer the call to a ring group .
- Selecting the Favorites tab instead will display the list of your favorite external numbers. Simply select your required favorite contact to transfer the call. You can also type or paste any phone number. Then, just hit Enter or the transfer button, to add an external number to the call.
- If you selected warm transfer, you can talk to the receiving agent about the caller’s issue, give any background information that might be helpful, and prepare the agent for the interaction. Select the "Connect"  link to connect the customer to the call.
- When ready, select the "Finish Transfer"  button: the caller will be left in line with the new agent.
- The "Cancel Transfer"  button allows you to cancel the transfer and go back to the original call.
- Use the keypad button  to enter any required extension or IVR option:
Call conferencing allows you to add guests to a call. A guest can be another agent, a customer/prospect/lead, or a manager.
- If you want to add one or more guests to the call for a conference call, click the "Add Guest" button .
- Select or type in the name of any agent  to confirm their status and add the agent to the call, or type any phone number and hit Enter to add an external number to the call.
- You can add as many people as you'd like to the call . The contact's name is always displayed in the first line of the participants (independent of how many guests there are).
- You can remove any guest (except the original contact/customer) by simply clicking the "Remove" button next to the name :
- If you end the call, all other participants will be disconnected. This is because the creator of the conference call is the one who owns the connection between the different parties.
- When multiple contacts share the same phone number, clicking the contact drop-down  next to the name or phone number will display the list of available contacts. Select the correct contact from the drop-down menu and your call will be logged to that contact:
- When the contact does not exist yet, you can also create a new contact.
- If the pause call recording feature has been enabled by an administrator, you will see a small recording icon  in the bottom right corner of your Callbar.
- To pause the recording, simply click it. This is a great feature if you wish to, for instance, prevent the recording of any sensitive information (i.e credit card details) during your call.
- Once you hit pause, you will have a visual indicator showing the call recording is paused. To resume the call recording simply click it again:
Adding a note to a caller’s activity history is an easy way to keep your entire team informed about something important.
To add a note while the call is in progress, please follow these steps:
- Click the Create A Note button .
- A new window will appear allowing you to enter notes for the caller. You can close and reopen the notes at any time during the call and any information added will be saved. Once the call is finished and a disposition is set for the call, the note will be added to the caller's “Activity” tab in the contact’s profile.
Note: The adding notes options will be greyed out and disabled if call dispositions are not enabled for the account. Also, if call dispositions are enabled and your account admin has enabled this option, you will be able to rate the quality of the call.
Opening the Contact Page on an Integration
If you have Talkdesk integrated with Zendesk, Salesforce, or any other integration, clicking the customer’s integration badge  in Callbar will display the contact’s profile in the system of your choice:
Initiating a Call Directly from an Integration
On the other hand, while working in Salesforce or Zendesk you can also initiate a call to one of your contacts (provided that they have a phone number associated) by simply clicking the name on that contact's profile page :