Installing the Callbar for Zendesk is an optional step that will give you the ability to click on a contact in the Callbar and automatically open the associated contact in Zendesk.
Note: If you are using Callbar Electron, follow the instructions here instead.
Installing the Callbar Connector for Zendesk
In order to install and configure Talkdesk’s Callbar and integrate it with your Zendesk account, follow these steps (Note: you must have admin permissions):
Follow these steps to install the Talkdesk Callbar Connector for Zendesk:
- Click the 'Admin' gear icon  on the bottom left sidebar of your Zendesk account.
- Under 'Apps', click on 'Marketplace' .
- Search the Zendesk marketplace for "Talkdesk"  and select the 'Talkdesk Callbar Connector' app :
- Select the account name and press 'Install' :
- Go to 'Manage' in the 'Apps' menu  and tick 'Enabled' in 'Role restrictions'  if you wish to grant access permissions only to specific roles.
- Switch the enable button to ON  and save your settings by pressing the button at the bottom of the page:
That’s it! You can now start making and receiving calls using the Callbar, while taking advantage of a 360 degree view of the incoming caller directly in Zendesk, to reduce agent’s time to resolution:
- Clicking on a contact's integration badge in the Callbar will now automatically open the associated contact in Zendesk. .
Once installed, while working in Zendesk you can launch the Callbar and initiate a call to one of your contacts who has a phone number associated, by simply clicking the name on that contact's profile page .