While we don't have a Talkdesk mobile app just yet, we can activate SIP for your account, where we'll generate a set of SIP credentials for each agent in your account.
You will then be able to use this information to configure a free mobile application like Zoiper.
This will allow you to make and even receive phone calls via your mobile, however it will require Internet Data/3G/4G to function (just like, for example, Skype).
Please send an email to email@example.com so that we can activate SIP functionality for your account.
Each Agent will need to get their SIP credentials.
Agents can access this information by clicking their names on the top right corner and selecting “Settings” from the dropdown menu:
In case they don't have these permissions, these will need to be provided by an account Admin by accessing the Agents tab and selecting each agent's name:
Once in the Agent's settings, click the 'Request SIP Credentials' button to receive an email with a link to the SIP credentials:
Note: This link as an expiration period of 10 minutes or one visit.
Keep this information open to configure the SIP software.
Install the Zoiper softphone app on your Android or IOS device:
1. Open the app and press the 'Config' icon on the top right corner for Android / the Settings icon on the bottom right for IOS. Select the Accounts option:
2. Click on ‘Add account’.
3. Click ‘Yes' under 'Do you already have an account (username and password)’ (Android vs IOS view):
4. Choose ‘Manual Configuration’.
5. Select SIP (Android vs IOS view):
6. Fill in the details from Step 1 (Android vs IOS view):
That’s it, your softphone is now ready to make and receive calls!