Whether adding powerful new features or enhancing the existing product, at Talkdesk we strive to never stop innovating so we can provide you with the best possible experience.
Talkdesk Callbar is an application that allows you to make and receive calls via Talkdesk from any application you are working in. It works just like the existing Keypad (previously also called "Call Bar") in the main Talkdesk web application, giving you the power to communicate with customers in real time.
Some benefits of the Callbar include:
- Always accessible: you can make and receive calls from anywhere on your desktop - no more having to comb through open tabs or leaving the website or application that you are working in for your softphone.
- Talkdesk Callbar ensures you always have the context you need when connecting to customers in real-time. Get a 360 degree view of the incoming caller to reduce time to resolution and tailor customer’s experience.
- Always docked to allow anyone in the organization to receive calls at any time, even when Chrome is closed.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
How to Install
- To install the Talkdesk Callbar application access the Chrome Webstore here:
- Launch Talkdesk Callbar:
- Follow the instructions here to log in.
Note: Once you login to the Callbar, you will be prompted to install the Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension: please do so! You will then be able to call a contact through a single click (if you do not see this, install it manually by accessing this link).
If you are a Zendesk user, please also install the Zendesk QuickTab (required if you use multiple Zendesk tabs open at the same time).
Also note that, if you are going to be logged in to the Talkdesk main web application and the Callbar at the same time, make sure you configure widget mode. This will ensure that calls only go through the Callbar and don't ring in both places simultaneously.
That's it! You can now start making and answering calls from anywhere on your desktop - no more having to comb through open tabs for your soft phone!