Desktop Notifications are pop-up notifications that alert agents as they receive a call, even if their browser is minimized.
In order to enable Desktop notifications for your account follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click on the "Admin" tab at the top of the page.
- Select the "Preferences" tab.
- Scroll down to "Desktop Notifications Enabled" and tick 'Yes'.
- Press "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Once enabled, the first time agents login to Talkdesk they will see a gray bar at the top of the screen that says, “Allow yourcompany.mytalkdesk.com to show desktop notifications”.
To receive Talkdesk’s Call Desktop Notifications, they will need to click 'Configure' , then 'Allow'  next to the gray bar “Allow yourcompany.mytalkdesk.com to show desktop notifications” message.
Now, when a call is coming in, in addition to hearing the phone ring, they will also see a pop -up message letting them know an incoming call is ringing.