Managers can listen in while agents take their first calls and 'barge-in' when necessary, ensuring that both customers and agents are satisfied with the interaction.
New agents aren’t however, the only team members that require help on the call from time to time. After a new product launch, promotional event or a known issue is discovered, if a caller has a question that the agent isn’t able to answer, managers or supervisors can drop-in on the live call to help the agent out. This will ensure that the entire team is communicating a consistent message and that caller’s needs are met.
Call barging can also make VIP customers expecting a higher level of support, feel that they are being taken care of by a team, not just a specific agent. With call barging, these customers’ expectations can be met.
- Call monitoring and barging is charged at $0.01 per minute.
- Agents will also be able to monitor calls if the Talkdesk Live update permissions have been granted in their roles.
Monitoring a Call
- Sign in to your account as an administrator or supervisor.
- Make sure you are in Web Mode.
- Access the Reporting section on the top menu .
- Select the Live tab .
- Click the Live Calls widget  to see a list of all calls currently In Progress or Queued.
- Select More Options (···)  on an In Progress call to see the list of available actions.
- Select the Monitor Call  option and you will now be monitoring the call. The right-hand side of your screen will show the agent you are monitoring at the top and information on the caller below, along with additional monitoring options.
Barging-In on a Call
- To barge-in on a call simply click Unmute .
- To end a monitoring session, just click Stop Monitoring Call .