Note: Effective June 21, 2021, Talkdesk Classic Inbound Routing will no longer be available to sell to new customers. New customer accounts will only be able to configure inbound routing behavior through Studio.
Once you activate the Queue Callback feature, we recommend that you customize the message callers hear once they have requested a callback from the queue.
You should also specify a greeting that prompts the caller to leave a voicemail or call back at another time, when they get a callback but are not connected to any agent. This allows you to provide a better experience when all agents go offline and are unable to take the callback, by letting callers know why they should leave a voicemail or call back tomorrow (or at another time), instead of just hearing the regular voicemail greeting.
To configure the "Unsuccessful Queue Callback Message" follow these instructions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Click the "Admin" section .
- Select the "Numbers" tab .
- Click the phone number for which you would like to configure the customized Unsuccessful Queue Callback Message.
- Select the "Greetings" tab .
- Scroll down until you see "Unsuccessful Queue Callback Message" .
- Add a new message by following the steps below:
- Click the "Add New Message" link . Or, you can choose an already existing message .
- Assign your Unsuccessful Queue Callback message a name by typing it into the box next to "Message Name". This will be the label applied to your message in Talkdesk. Callers will not hear the message name.
- If you would like to type in a message to be converted to audio, select "Text to Speech"  and type your message next to the box labeled "Message".
- Alternatively, if you have a pre-recorded message that you would like to play to callers, select "Upload File"  and click the "Choose File" button. Talkdesk currently supports mp3 and wav file types. If you have a file saved in another format you can convert your audio file to a format we support by using this tool.
- "Save" your new message .
- Once you have finished, click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Important: repeat these steps for each phone number in your account.