Note: If you are using Talkdesk Studio™, these settings may not be applicable. Effective June 21, 2021, Talkdesk Classic Inbound Routing will no longer be available for new customers. New customer accounts will only be able to configure inbound routing behavior through Studio.
Your Full Waiting Queue Message is what the caller hears when the waiting queue is full. An example of a common Full Waiting Queue Message is, “We are currently experiencing high call volume. Please leave a message with your name and phone number and we will return your call as soon as possible.” or “We apologize but we are currently experiencing high call volume. Please leave a message after the beep, send us a support email at email@example.com or chat with us online at mycompany.com.”
To customize your Full Waiting Queue Message follow these instructions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Select the "Admin" section .
- Select the "Numbers" tab .
- Click the phone number for which you would like to configure the customized Full Waiting Queue Message.
- Click the "Greetings" tab .
- Scroll down until you see "Full Waiting Queue Message" .
- Add a new message by following the steps below
- Click the "Add New Message" link . Or, you can choose an already existing message .
- Assign your Full Waiting Queue message a name by typing it into the box next to "Message Name". This will be the label applied to your message in Talkdesk. Callers will not hear the message name.
- If you would like to type in a message to be converted to audio, select "Text to Speech"  and type your message next to the box labeled "Message".
- Alternatively, if you have a pre-recorded message that you would like to play to callers, select "Upload File”  and click the "Choose File” button. Talkdesk currently supports mp3 and wav file types. If you have a file saved in another format, you can convert it to a format we support by using this tool.
- "Save" your new message .
- Once you have finished, click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Important: repeat these steps for each required phone number in your account.