Your Max Wait Time Reached Message is what the caller hears when they have been waiting in the queue for the maximum amount of time. An example of a common Max Wait Time Reached Message is, “You have exceeded the waiting limit for this queue. Please hang up and try your call again.” or “All of our agents are still busy. Please hang up and try your call again or reach out to us via email at email@example.com.”
To customize your Max Wait Time Reached Message follow these instructions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Click the "Admin" tab  at the top left hand side of Talkdesk.
- Click on the "Numbers" tab  on the top left hand side of your account.
- Click on the phone number for which you would like to configure the customized Voicemail Message.
- Click the "Greetings" tab .
- Scroll down until you see "Max Wait Time Reached Message" .
- Add a new message  by following the steps below (or you can choose an already existing message ):
- Click the "Add New Message" link next to "Max Wait Time Reached Message".
- Assign your Max Wait Time Reached message a name by typing it into the box next to "Message Name". This will be the label applied to your message in Talkdesk. Callers will not hear the message name.
- If you would like to type in a message to be converted to audio, select "Text to Speech" and type your message next to the box labeled "Message".
- Alternatively, if you have a pre-recorded message that you would like to play to callers, select "Upload File” and click the "Choose File” button. Talkdesk currently supports mp3 and wav file types. If you have a file saved in another format, you can convert it to a format we support by using this tool.
- "Save" your new message.
- Once you have finished, click "Save" .
Important: repeat these steps for each required phone number in your account.