When a call ends, typically the agent’s status is automatically changed to 'After Call Work'. This time allows agents to perform a set of tasks associated with the end of a call without receiving new calls.
If call dispositions are enabled, during the time the disposition code window is open, the status of the agent is also set to 'After Call Work'.
You can enable an after call wrap up time rule so that after each call, an agent is automatically set to 'After Call Work' for a predefined amount of time only (or until they explicitly change their status).
Once this time is reached, agents are automatically put back into their status before the call, unless the call disposition window is still open, in which case the status is only changed back when this window closes.
After Call Work can also be set differently by role.
To enable an After Call Work timeout and display your disposition codes follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the "Admin" section at the top of the page .
- Select the "Roles" tab .
- Click the 'Enabled' or 'Disabled' link  in the After Call Work column next to the role you want to edit.
- To enable After Call Work settings, switch the toggle to the right: ON position  (or switch this toggle to the left: OFF position, if you wish to disable 'After Call Work' and immediately change agents to their previous status when a call ends - unless the call disposition window is still open, in which case agents will stay in After Call Work until this window is manually or automatically closed)
- Select an After Call Work Timeout option (time before an agent is automatically put back into the status before the call, unless the disposition window is still open) .
- Tick the boxes if you wish After Call Work call dispositions to show for Inbound Calls, Outbound Calls or both .
- Click "Save" to apply the settings .
By default the following team roles are configured:
If you wish to have more teams assigned to different After Call Work settings simply create new roles (i.e. Support, Sales, etc.) and assign the settings accordingly (i.e. Support needs longer After Call Work timeout as they need to log all call details; Sales may have reduced After Call Work timeout as they only need to select an appropriate disposition code, etc).