Talkdesk allows you to transfer calls to other agents, ring groups and external phones. There are two types of transfer available: blind and warm.
A blind transfer is when you transfer the caller to a ring group or another agent without speaking to the new agent first.
Using this option, the agent you select for transferring the call will hear their phone ring and can accept or reject the transfer. Once the call is accepted, it will be dropped on your end.
A warm transfer is when you speak with the new agent before the call is transferred. You can tell the destination agent about the caller’s issue and give any background information before transferring the call (without the caller hearing). Then, all three parties can speak together.
Making Blind and Warm Transfers using Callbar
To learn how to make blind and warm transfers using Talkdesk Callbar, please check the article Using Callbar.
Making a Blind Transfer in Talkdesk Main Web Application
Follow these steps to blind transfer a call to a ring group or agent, if you’re using the Keypad in Talkdesk main web application:
- Click the “Transfer”  button.
- Tick the Blind option.
- Type in the name or select the agent or ring group to transfer the call to from the available drop down menu .
- You can also type in a phone number in the “External number” box or use a number from your Hotlist of External Favorite Phone Numbers.
- Click the “Transfer Call” button .
Making a Warm Transfer in Talkdesk Main Web Application
Follow these steps to warm transfer a call, to a ring group or an agent, if you’re using the Keypad in Talkdesk main web application:
When you click the ring group or agent, or enter the phone number of an agent to transfer the call to, the ring group's agents or agent you selected will hear their phones ring and can accept the transfer:
- Once you reach the new agent, you can speak with that agent for as long as you wish to, without the caller hearing.
- When ready to transfer the caller to the new agent, click the “Add Customer to Call”  button and you will be placed in a three-way conference call between the new agent, the caller and yourself.
- You can introduce the caller, speak with both the caller and the new agent and, once ready to leave the conference call, hit the “End Call and Complete Transfer”  button. The caller will be left in line with the new agent.
- The "Abort Transfer" button allows you to cancel the transfer and go back to the original call.