With automated tasks, your agents can stay busy handling calls without having to go back and forth updating two systems with redundant information. You can create the following rules to keep your agents' busy work to a minimum:
- When a contact is created in Talkdesk, create a contact in Contactually
- When a contact is updated in Talkdesk, update the contact in Contactually
- When a call is missed in Talkdesk, create a task in Contactually
These automated tasks will help to streamline customer interactions and enhance the quality of service your team provides to customers.
To configure an automated task, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Navigate to Admin  > Integrations .
- Click on Contactually .
- Click Add New Automated Task or Add your first automated task for Contactually  if you don’t have any yet. This will take you to the automation configuration page.
- Customize the automated task according to your needs.
- Once finished, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Example: Creating a new contact when an inbound call rings
Let’s walk through an example of creating the automated task: "When an inbound call is ringing in Talkdesk, then Create a new contact in Contactually".
In section 1, “Choose a Talkdesk event and an action”, use the dropdown menus to configure a statement like “When an inbound call is ringing  in Talkdesk then create contact  in Contactually”.
If desired, you can click Add filter in section 2, “Define event”, to fire this automation only when certain conditions are met.
See our full documentation on Automated Tasks Filters for more information.
In section 3, “Define action”, you can customize the details to be sent to Contactually by dragging the relevant fields into the text boxes, such as as the contact’s first name , last name , and email address .
For more information, read the article Automated Tasks Fields.
Once the configuration is complete, click Save at the bottom of the page to activate the automated task. You can disable and re-enable this trigger at any time by switching the toggle button to OFF / ON.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.