When someone calls your company and all agents are busy assisting other customers, they will be sent to the waiting queue. When they enter the waiting queue, the "Waiting Message" plays.
An example of a common Waiting Message is, "All of our agents are currently busy. Please hold and we will answer your call as soon as possible.".
To customize the Waiting Message follow these instructions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Admin.
- Click the "Admin" tab  at the top left hand side of Talkdesk.
- Click on the "Numbers" tab  on the top left hand side of your account.
- Click on the phone number for which you would like to configure the customized Waiting Message.
- Click the "Greetings" tab .
- Scroll down until you see "Waiting Message" .
- Add a new message  by following the steps below (or you can choose an already existing message ):
- Click the "Add New Message" link next to "Waiting Message".
- Assign your Waiting Message a name by typing it into the box next to "Message Name". This will be the label applied to this Waiting Message in Talkdesk. Callers will not hear the message name.
- If you would like to type in a message to be converted to an audio message to play to callers, select "Text to Speech" and type your message next to the box labeled "Message".
- Alternatively, if you have a pre-recorded message that you would like to play to callers, select "Upload File" and click the "Choose File" button. Talkdesk currently supports mp3 and wav file types. If you have a file saved in another format, you can convert it to a format we support by using this tool.
- "Save" your new message.
- Once you have finished, click "Save" .
Important: repeat these steps for each required phone number in your account.