When your Talkdesk account is created, there are two automated tasks that we have already set up for you and that are enabled by default: to send the account creator an email notification every time a call is missed and when a voicemail is left.
Admins, however, can add as many new automations as needed (e.g., notifying agents when a voicemail is assigned to them, when a voicemail transcription is made available, when an agent logs into Talkdesk, etc.), edit or disable these automations at any time.
To edit the email notifications triggered by voicemails, please follow these instructions:
Note: If you are in Talkdesk Workspace, you can access the integration and all features described below by navigating to the Talkdesk Builder app. For more information, please refer to this article.
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the Admin section  at the top of the page.
- Select the Integrations tab .
- In the “Integrations Manager” page, click the Email Notifier integration .
- Click the settings button next to the “Send email when voicemail is left” automation and select Edit :
Note: If you wish to preserve the original automation before editing it, you can simply clone it by clicking the Clone button. It is also possible to delete a task; however, please note that once deleted, you will have to recreate it from scratch if ever needed again. Switching the automation off in the toggle bar at the bottom of the page might be a better option in case you don't want it in use now but feel you might need it in the future.
- Once in the automation page, edit and customize the information that is sent in the email:
- Define where you want to receive these emails by typing in as many email addresses as required, separated by a comma in the “To”' field .
- Customize the information that is sent in the email by dragging and dropping the following applicable "Trigger fields" on the left  into your customized email :
- Voicemail data (i.e., date and time the voicemail was left, voicemail duration, number dialed, dialed extension, agent dialed, etc.).
- Voicemail recording URL.
- Voicemail transcription.
- Caller’s information (i.e., caller’s name, email, phone number, UUID, company, photo URL, etc.).
- You can also configure your "Event filters" so that emails are only sent when a voicemail is received :
- For a specific agent.
- On a specific phone number.
- On a specific extension.
- From a specific customer.
- Only during business hours.
- Only outside of business hours.
When you have finished, please remember to click Save at the bottom of the page to apply your new settings.