When a call ends, if "Disposition Codes" are enabled for your account, a "Call Summary" popup window appears in the Talkdesk interface prompting the agent to "Select an outcome" and "Add a note about the call":
When this "Call Summary" popup window opens, the agent’s status automatically changes to "After Call Work" and remains in that status until they close the popup window.
While in the "After Call Work" status, agents are not routed calls.
By activating the option 'Automatically Close Call Summary Window', the Call Summary popup window will automatically close after a predetermined amount of time and the agent’s status will change from "After Call Work" to "Available". This prevents agents from remaining in the "After Call Work" status for too long and provides them with a countdown for when the "Call Summary" popup window will automatically close.
How to Configure a Call Disposition Timeout
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click on the 'Admin' section  at the top of the page.
- Select the 'Preferences' tab  and scroll down to the 'Call Settings' section .
- In 'Automatically Close Call Summary Window', select your desired amount of time from the drop-down list. For example, if you select one minute, the "Call Summary" popup window will close after one minute. Agents will stay in After Call Work status so long as this window is open.
- Click 'Save' .
- You will then need to select whether you wish agents to be shown the disposition codes drop-down menu for Inbound calls only, Outbound only, or both. To do so, simply follow the instructions on After Call Work and Call Dispositions.