The "Delay Announcement" message plays at the end of each waiting music file (e.g. our first default waiting music has a duration of approximately 3 minutes). You can find the list of our default waiting music files here. In case you have customized your waiting queue and/or hold music, the delay announcement message will play cyclically at the end of your audio file.
This message should inform callers that they can continue to wait in the queue for the next available agent, leave the queue and go straight to voicemail or request a callback from queue (if you have activated the Queue Callback feature and/or the Queue to Voicemail feature).
An example of a common Delay Announcement is, "We apologize but all agents are currently busy. Press 1 to leave a voicemail, press 2 to request that the next available agent call you back or remain on the line if you would like to continue to hold."
To customize the Delay Announcement follow these instructions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Admin.
- Select the "Admin" section .
- Click on the "Numbers" tab .
- Click on the phone number for which you would like to configure the customized Delay Announcement.
- Click the "Greetings" tab .
- Scroll down until you see "Delay Announcement Message" .
- Add a new message by following the steps below:
- Click the "Add New Message"  link. Or, you can choose an already existing message .
- Assign your Delay Announcement message a name by typing it into the box next to "Message Name". This will be the label applied to this Delay Announcement message in Talkdesk. Callers will not hear the message name.
- If you would like to type in a message to be converted to an audio message to play to callers, select "Text to Speech"  and type your message next to the box labeled "Message".
- Alternatively, if you have a pre-recorded message that you would like to play to callers, select "Upload File"  and click the "Choose File" button. Talkdesk currently supports mp3 and wav file types. If you have a file saved in another format, you can convert your audio file to a format we support by using this tool.
- Make sure that your message clearly indicates to the caller which number they should press to request a callback from queue and which number they should press to leave the queue and go straight to voicemail if these features are active.
- "Save" your new message .
- Once you have finished, click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Important: repeat these steps for each required phone number in your account.