Once you activate the Queue Callback feature, we recommend that you customize the message callers hear once they have requested a callback from the queue.
By default, after callers select the option for a callback from the queue they will hear this message, "Your place in the waiting queue has been reserved. The next available agent will call you back. Goodbye." To change this message to a customized message, follow the directions below.
An example of a common Queue Callback Message is, "You have requested to have the next available agent call you back from the queue. You may now hang up and wait for our call. Goodbye."
To configure the Queue Callback Message follow these instructions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Admin.
- Click the "Admin" tab  at the top left hand side of Talkdesk.
- Click on the "Numbers" tab  on the top left hand side of your account.
- Click on the phone number for which you would like to configure the customized Queue Callback Message (note: you will have to configure this for each phone number in your account).
- Click the "Greetings" tab .
- Scroll down until you see "Queue Callback Message" .
- Add a new message  by following the steps below (or you can choose an already existing message ):
- Click the "Add New Message" link next to "Queue Callback Message".
- Assign your Queue Callback Message a name by typing it into the box next to "Message Name". This will be the label applied to your Queue Callback Message in Talkdesk. Callers will not hear the message name.
- If you would like to type in a message to be converted to an audio message to play to callers, select "Text to Speech" and type your message next to the box labeled "Message".
- Alternatively, if you have a pre-recorded message that you would like to play to callers, select "Upload File" and click the "Choose File" button. Talkdesk currently supports mp3 and wav file types. If you have a file saved in another format you can convert your audio file to a format we support by using this tool.
- "Save" your new message.
- Once you have finished, click "Save" .
Important: repeat these steps for each required phone number in your account.