If you want to disable inbound calling for your account, please follow these steps:
Disabling call answering for your agents
In order to disable inbound calling:
- Log into Talkdesk as an Administrator.
- Click the 'Admin' section.
- Click the 'Preferences' tab.
- Scroll down to the 'Device Settings' section.
- In 'Device connection', select 'Multiple Device Mode'.
- Set 'Receive Calls in the Browser' to 'Never'.
- Set 'Receive Calls on External Phone' to 'Never'.
- In case a SIP phone has been configured, you should also set 'Receive Calls on SIP Phone' to 'Never'.
- Click 'Save' to apply your changes.
Calls will no longer be routed to your agents, but end users may still leave a voicemail.
For more information, please check the article Multiple Device Mode Settings.
You can disable voicemail for the whole account or specific phone numbers.
Uploading a voicemail greeting to notify users: "Number not in service"
Modify your voicemail message (as it plays even if the voicemail is not enabled and you are not answering calls) to inform your customers that you are not taking inbound calls on that number. The following message is an example: "This number is not in service."