When your Talkdesk account is created, there are two automated tasks that we have already set up for you and that are enabled by default: to send the account creator an email notification every time a call is missed and when a voicemail is left.
Admins however, can add as many new automations as they wish (e.g., notifying agents when a voicemail is assigned to them, when a voicemail transcription is made available, when an agent logs into Talkdesk, etc.), edit or disable these automations at any time.
To edit your missed calls email notifications follow these instructions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the "Admin" section  at the top of the page.
- Select the "Integrations" tab .
- Click on the Email Notifier "Settings" button .
- Click the settings button  next to the 'Send email when call is missed' automation and select the 'Edit' option:
Note: You can also clone this automation, to preserve the original copy before editing, or simply delete it. However, please note that once deleted you will be forced to recreate it from scratch if ever needed again. Switching the automation off might be a better option in case you don't want it in use now but feel you might need it in the future.
You can then customize the information that is sent in the email by dragging and dropping the following "Trigger Fields" into your customized email:
- Missed Call from (i.e., date and time the call was missed, contact phone number, number dialed, dialed extension, contact name, etc.)
- Caller’s information (i.e., caller’s name, email, phone number, UUID, company, etc.)
You can also configure your "Event Filters"  so that emails are only sent when a call is missed:
- From a specific number
- On a specific phone number
- On a specific extension
- From a specific customer
- Only during business hours
- Only outside of business hours
Learn more about how to define automated tasks with filtering options.
To add a user to receive these email notifications please do the following:
- Enter the new email address on the 'To' field . Use a comma to separate multiple email addresses.
When you have finished, remember to click "Save"  at the bottom of the page to apply your new settings.