Service level measures the accessibility of a company to their customers, and the company’s ability to plan for call volume fluctuations and execute their staffing strategy. It has been found to be directly tied to customer service quality and inbound call center performance thus, is often the cornerstone of inbound call center manager’s metrics toolkit.
Service level is defined as the percentage of calls answered within a predefined amount of time (“target time threshold”). It can be measured over any period of time (i.e. 30 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day or 1 week) and for each agent, team, department or the company as a whole.
Performance Measure (A.K.A. “Service Level”)
Service level (as a performance measure) is denoted simply as the percentage of calls that were answered in the predetermined time threshold. Service level has been touted as one of the most important KPIs, as it is intimately tied to customer service quality and overall performance of the call center.
Here’s how you can measure service level in your Talkdesk account.
- Log into your Talkdesk account.
- Click the "Reporting"  tab at the top of the page.
- Select the "Service Level"  tab.
- Make your desired selection from the dropdown menu below 'Filter by Ring Group' or 'Filter by Phone Number'  to filter your metrics accordingly.
Inbound Service Level Metrics
Once you make the desired selection, the dashboard will display metrics for your selection:
- Total wait time: total time callers waited for their call to be answered.
- Average wait time: average time callers waited for their call to be answered.
- Longest wait time: longest time a caller waited for their call to be answered.
- Average abandonment time: average time callers waited for their call to be answered before hanging up.
- Total duration: total duration of all inbound calls answered.
- Average duration: average inbound call duration.
- Longest duration: longest inbound call duration.
You can select different time frames  to see the service level of your team within a period of time.
The scale  will show the percentage of inbound calls that were received and answered within the predefined service level, and the chart  will show you how the service level has been graded over a period of time. You can choose the unit by minute, hour, day, week or month.