Note: These instructions are applicable to Classic Inbound Routing. To know how to configure voicemail preferences with Studio, please refer to our documentation.
When no agent is available to answer a call, the caller will be redirected to voicemail and the "Voicemail / Not Answered Message" will play (even when voicemail is disabled and the caller is not allowed to leave a recording).
To customize the Voicemail Message your callers hear, please follow these instructions:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Select the 'Admin' section .
- Click on the 'Numbers' tab , on the left-hand side.
- Click on the phone number for which you would like to configure the customized voicemail message .
- Select the 'Greetings' tab .
- Scroll down until you see 'Voicemail / Not Answered Message' .
- Add a new message by following the steps below:
- Click the 'Add New Message'  link. Or, you can choose an already existing message .
- Assign a name by typing it into the box next to 'Message Name' . This will be the label applied to your Voicemail / Not Answered Message in Talkdesk and will be shown in the dropdown list. Callers will not hear this message name.
- If you would like to type in a message to be converted to an audio voicemail message to play to callers, select 'Text to Speech'  and type your message next to the box labeled 'Message' .
- Alternatively, if you have a pre-recorded message that you would like to play to callers, select 'Upload File' and click the 'Choose File' button. Talkdesk currently supports mp3 and wav file types. If you have a file saved in another format, you can convert it to a format we support by using this tool.
- 'Save' your new message .
- Once you have finished, select 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
Important: repeat these steps for each required phone number in your account.