IMPORTANT: On February 21, 2022, we announced the End of Life of the Main Dialer (sometimes also referred to as “Keypad”).
Conversations is replacing the Main Dialer. The Main Dialer features previously described in this article are now available in Conversations.
Jump to Conversations documentation.
Access Talkdesk Agent Workspace documentation here.
When you are speaking with a person who is already on the contacts’ database, but is calling from a different phone number, you can associate this call with any contact in the account that is already in Talkdesk.
Using the feature in Callbar App
When you associate a call with another contact, in Callbar App, the system will automatically update the call details in the existing contact, such as:
- Type of interaction (inbound, outbound, missed call, voicemail, and so on).
- Name of the agent that answered the call.
- Phone number used by the agent.
- Ring group(s) associated with the call.
- Call date.
To associate the call with a contact, you will have to follow these steps:
1. Click on the drop-down arrow , on the right side.
2. The contacts  that are already associated with the caller’s number will show up automatically in Callbar. You can link the call to one of those records by selecting it.
3. If you do not want to associate the call to any of these contacts, click on the “x” to start searching for contacts in the account .
Note: To undo this action, close and open the dropdown.
4. On the bar , you can search for any contact in the account and associate the call with it. Click on the selected contact to finish the association process.