If you add an external phone number, you can receive phone calls wherever you are, even when you’re not at a computer.
In case your administrator configured Talkdesk to allow you to forward calls to an external phone number (mobile or landline), and if you have been given permission to override the account’s preferences, you can review and adjust the device settings to your needs.
You can decide to take calls on a personal, work, desk or mobile phone number instead of using Talkdesk, and also decide when you want to do this: only when you are available, only outside of business hours, etc.
To adjust your settings, please follow these steps:
- Click your initials in the top-right corner  and select 'Agent Profile'  from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your landline or mobile phone number in the 'External Phone Number' box . You can also add your extension line number, in case of a work number .
Note: If your administrator has enabled the Single Device Mode, you can also add an external phone number in Callbar. For more information, please check the article Connect to External Device.
By default, calls are forwarded to your external phone number according to your administrator's configuration. If your administrator gives you permission to override the Device Settings, make sure to do it carefully, to avoid the risk of calls getting missed due to a misconfiguration:
- In 'Device Settings', tick “Yes”  next to 'Override Account Settings'.
- If you choose 'Single Device Mode', you can decide to connect Callbar to an external phone or SIP device. For more information, please check the article Connect to External Device.
- If you select 'Multiple Device Mode', you can decide how and when to receive calls in your browser, SIP phone, landline or mobile phone . For more information, please check the article Multiple Device Mode Settings.
- Save your changes .