IMPORTANT: On February 21, 2022, we announced the End of Life of the Main Dialer (sometimes also referred to as “Keypad”) and associated Agent tabs in Main.
The Activities app is replacing the legacy Calls tab in Main. You may continue to use the legacy tab until the EoL date. However, upon the End of Support date, Talkdesk will no longer provide fixes or enhancements to the products, so you should upgrade to Talkdesk Agent Workspace.
Conversations is replacing the Main Dialer. The Main Dialer features previously described in this article are now available in Conversations.
Jump to Conversations documentation.
Access Talkdesk Agent Workspace documentation here.
When you log in to your Talkdesk account, in the browser, the first thing you see is the Calls section:
The Calls section allows you to see a list of all the people who have contacted your company in chronological order. It can be filtered by ring group and/or agent.
Once you finish a call, Talkdesk automatically adds the call details (including the recording, if this option is enabled for your account) to the respective contact’s activity tab and the Calls section.
Calls made and received by your team members are also automatically updated here, so you can have a sense of the activity taking place at any given time:
- The icon on the left indicates whether the call was made (arrow pointing up) or received (arrow pointing down) by your company, and the color of the arrow indicates whether it was an outbound (green), inbound (blue) or a missed call (red). Voicemails and abandoned calls are not displayed here: you can access voicemails in the corresponding section, while abandoned calls are logged in Reporting.
- The "Contact" column shows the name or phone number of the person who contacted you or who you’ve called (new contact); it will depend on if the contact has been previously saved or not.
- The “Agent” column shows who the caller spoke to from your company.
- The “Via” column shows what number the caller dialed (if the call was received) or what number the agent was using to contact the caller (if the call was placed).
- The “When” column indicates when the call was placed or received.
- The “Duration” column indicates how long the call lasted.
- If you have been given permission, you can listen to the recording of the call by pressing the “play” button.