Note: Desk.com is migrating to Service Cloud Lightning and will be fully retired on March 13, 2020. It ceased being marketed to new customers as of March 13, 2018. Users already in possession of a Desk.com license will still be able to follow these steps to integrate Desk.com with Talkdesk. New customers, however, will be required to integrate Talkdesk with Salesforce. Learn more about Desk to Service Cloud migration.
Follow the steps below to activate the integration. Bear in mind that you must have admin permissions in both Talkdesk and Desk.com.
1. Log in to your Desk.com account and click on Admin .
2. Click on Settings .
3. Select API  from the left side bar.
4. Click on Add API Application .
5. Enter a name for the application and fill in the information regarding your Talkdesk account URL , and click Add.
6. Copy the API access “Key”  and “Secret” . Paste them somewhere safe before continuing.
7. Click on the Your Access Token link .
8. Copy your “Token”  and “Token Secret” . Paste them somewhere safe before continuing.
9. Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator and click on Admin .
10. Select the Integrations  tab.
11. Click on Add New Integration .
12. Enter your Desk.com subdomain .
13. (Optional) In case you own a custom domain in Desk, enter your domain name in the Custom Domain field .
14. Paste the Key, Secret, Token, and the Token Secret  authentication credentials you got from the steps 6 and 8.
15. Select the appropriate boxes to synchronize contacts, agents, interactions, and history of the conversations .
16. Click Save .
Note: Only agents that are using the same email address in both Talkdesk and Desk.com will be synced when agent synchronization is enabled. Cases and notes will always be created by the main account admin with the relevant agents assigned.
The Talkdesk and Desk.com integration is now activated. All information will be automatically synchronized between Talkdesk and Desk.com. After a few minutes (or seconds, depending on how many contacts you have), the integration process will be finalized.