The setup is quick and easy. No programming is required, just enter your Desk.com account information and the integration process is finished. You can also select the information (i.e. contacts, interaction types, etc.) that you would like to synchronize with Talkdesk.
Follow these steps to activate the integration:
Note: you must have admin permissions in both Talkdesk and Desk.com.
Also note that Desk.com is migrating to Service Cloud Lightning which means that, customers already migrated will see a different interface and are required to access Service Cloud instead. Learn more about Desk to Service Cloud migration.
Get Your Desk.com Credentials
Log in to your Desk.com account and follow the steps below to get an API key:
- Click the 'Admin' icon  on the top left menu and then 'Settings' 
- Select 'API'  from the left side bar
- Click the ‘Add API Application’ button 
- Enter a name for the application and fill in the information regarding your Talkdesk account URL 
- Click "Add":
- Your new API access Key  and Secret  will be created and displayed so you'll need to copy it somewhere safe before continuing:
- Click the “Your Access Token” link  to get your “Token”  and “Token Secret”  (you'll also need to copy these somewhere safe before continuing):
Activate Desk.com Integration in Talkdesk
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click on the “Admin” section  at the top of the page.
- Select the “Integrations” tab  and click on the Desk.com “Connect” button .
- Fill out the form with your Desk.com credentials.
You will need to enter your Desk.com subdomain . In case you own a custom domain in Desk, simply use the Custom Domain field instead to enter your domain name .
Paste in your Key and Secret  and then the Token and Token Secret  authentication credentials you got from the previous step.
Select the appropriate boxes according to your needs to customize the configuration  to synchronize contacts, agents, interactions, and history of the conversations:
Note: Only agents that are using the same email address in both Talkdesk and Desk.com will be synced when agent synchronization is enabled. Cases and notes will always be created by the main account admin with the relevant agents assigned.
Once you have completed these steps click “Save”  at the bottom of the page and that’s it!
The Talkdesk and Desk.com integration is now activated and all information will be automatically synchronized between Talkdesk and Desk.com. After a few minutes (or seconds, depending on how many contacts you have), the integration process will be finalized.