Talkdesk Virtual Agent’s voice settings can be adjusted at any time.
If you’re looking to choose different voice profiles, adjust the volume, the speaking speed, or pitch of your virtual agent, please do as follows:
1. Open the Virtual Agent app, select the virtual agent that you’ll be modifying, and choose the Channels tab .
2. Then, select the Voice channel .
3. Besides the “Allow Barge-In” feature, you will also see the “Voice profile” dropdown menu, where the Default voice is selected .
4. Unfold the dropdown to select another voice profile of your choice .
5. When another voice profile is selected, you will be able to make additional adjustments, such as:
- “Speaking speed” : ranges from values 1.0 to 4.0, with 1.0 being the default speaking speed rate, 4.0 being twice as fast and 0.5 being half as fast as the default speaking speed.
- “Speaking pitch” : the frequency of the voice’s sound vibrations can be changed by adjusting the semitones between the value of -20 to 20, with 0 being the default semitone value.
- “Volume gain” : the amount of amplification measured in decibels (dB) that can be adjusted and ranges from -96 to 16.
6. When finished making the adjustments, click Save .
If you wish to listen to the new virtual agent’s voice profile, go to the Phone or Conversations app and perform an outgoing call to a number associated with your virtual agent to know how the new settings sound to your callers.