The Intent Model feature allows users to select which AI intent model they wish to use in Talkdesk Agent Assist™.
An intent model is a trainable general-purpose intent detection model that classifies the language used to produce relevant outputs.
To be able to select the intent model to be used in Agent Assist, the following conditions must be met:
- A voice transcription has already been configured in the languages of choice for Agent Assist.
- An AI intent model has already been created.
Once these conditions have been met, access Talkdesk AI Launchpad and open the “AI Models” card.
- Then, select “Agent Assist” as the AI product you wish to configure  and click Next .
- Select the AI flow to which you want to apply the AI Model .
- When doing so, you will get a listing of all the AI Model possibilities regarding your language. Select the AI Model you wish to apply to your AI flow .
- If you do not wish to use any of the available AI Models, you can create a new AI Model by clicking on the Create intent model option . Please see this article for more information on how to do it.
- The “Preview” section will show you a summary of your selection . Click Next .
- Choose a name for the AI flow  and, if necessary, add a description .
- Click All set! to confirm the selection of your AI model .
Now that an AI intent model is used, all calls that come through will surface knowledge relevant to the interaction and based on the chosen intent model.