The Search Knowledge component allows the Virtual Agent (VA) to search for information from Talkdesk Knowledge Management™ (KM) to provide answers to the users' queries. This component increases the capacity of response of the VA by querying Knowledge Management to generate answers.
Adding a Search Knowledge Component
1. Click on a Virtual Agent model and select Automation designer .
2. You will be taken to the “Automation Designer” inside the “Builder app”, where the flow configuration will take place.
3. Under “Automation”, select the Search knowledge component  and then drag it to a canvas on your right side .
4. Double-click the component. Then, the component settings panel  will appear.
5. Provide the required details of the component.
- “Component name” : The name of the Search Knowledge component. The name can only contain letters, numbers (except as a first character), and underscores, and can be as long as 30 characters.
- “Search criteria” : Here, you can search by typing specific keywords or using existing conversational variables in the flow. By default, the Search Knowledge component has the utterance system variable selected. This way, VA will query KM with the last message uttered by the contact.
- “Filter search scope” : Optionally, switching the toggle to the right allows for defining the confidence level that you wish to accept from the answer. The confidence threshold is a numeric value between 0 (low confidence) and 1 (high confidence). For example, a 0.1 confidence threshold means that VA will provide answers to KM for which the confidence level on the right answer will be low. A 0.9 confidence threshold means the opposite. This score is calculated by KM in each query.
- “Output” : In case a result from Knowledge Management is found, the component automatically displays its content here.
6. Click Save .
7. After the component is created, you can connect it with other components:
- “Result found ”: Exit is activated after the VA provides the KM answer.
- "No result found": Exit activated if KM does not answer (filters may have an impact here).
- "Error retrieving knowledge": Exit activated if some error occurred during the KM query operation.
Keep in mind that if the component is not directly or indirectly connected to a Flow Trigger component, it will be ignored when the flow is executed.
Note: A red exclamation mark will appear on the component node if any required field is invalid. Hold the pointer over it to see further details.
Deleting a Search Knowledge Component
1. On your canvas, click the Search Knowledge component you want to delete and then press the backspace key (Windows) or the delete key (Mac) on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can double-click the component and select Delete in the side panel that appears.
2. Click Delete component in the dialog that appears to confirm the deletion.