Since the release of version 2.0.6 of Talkdesk for ServiceNow in the ServiceNow Store, admins can configure an automation to pop open the call module in an agent's screen in ServiceNow when a call is made or received.
To enable the auto case pop functionality in ServiceNow when an inbound/outbound call starts in Talkdesk, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Navigate to Admin  > Integrations .
- Click on ServiceNow .
- Click Add New Automated Task or Add your first automated task for ServiceNow  if you don’t have any yet. This will take you to the automation configuration page.
- In section 1, “Choose a Talkdesk event and an action”, use the dropdown menus to configure a statement like, “When an inbound call starts  in Talkdesk then pop call module  in ServiceNow”.
- The initiating event in the first field is flexible. For example, “When an outbound call starts” also works.
In section 3, “Define action”, you can customize the details Talkdesk sends to ServiceNow by dragging the relevant fields into the text boxes. For this example, we’ve added the customer’s phone number and call identifiers to the Description  field. For more information, read the article Automated Tasks Fields.
Once these fields match your preferences, click Save at the bottom of the page to activate the automated task. You can disable and re-enable this automated task at any time by switching the toggle to OFF / ON.
Your Talkdesk for ServiceNow integration supports other automated tasks such as “When an inbound call ends in Talkdesk, create case in ServiceNow”. See the article Automating Tasks in Your ServiceNow Integration for more details.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, do not hesitate to contact Talkdesk Support.