If you wish to port international numbers to Talkdesk, please send us an email to email@example.com with the subject "Number port request", together with the country the number(s) belongs to, and proceed as follows:
Process for Australia and New Zealand numbers:
- Please download, sign, and attach this LOA template. The document needs to be signed by the person who has administrative rights over the account with the current carrier.
- Send us a recent receipt or bill of the phone number from your current provider, clearly showing the number and thus proving that it’s yours.
- Please provide the company's Name, or first and last name (for residential ports).
- Please provide the company's Address (in the country the numbers belong to) or Residential Address.
- Please let us know the Talkdesk account domain/URL to which the numbers will be ported.
Process for remaining countries:
- Please let us know the country and the number(s) you wish to port in, together with the Talkdesk account domain/URL to which the numbers will be ported.
- We will get back to you with all the information that you'll need to send us to get your porting request started.
To ensure that the request is not rejected:
Please note that if the documents are not compliant with the following guidelines, the porting request may be rejected, causing significant delays.
Although we are strongly committed to providing you with a smooth porting process, Talkdesk cannot be deemed responsible for any incorrect submissions and delays resulting from failure to comply with the guidelines.
- Submit the document in PDF format.
- Submit it in the correct orientation (for instance, if the pages are upside down, the document will not be accepted).
- All data must match exactly and be consistent with the record in the existing carrier.
- The name and address on both the LOA and the proof of ownership must match.
- The first/last name on the LOA (Letter of Authorization) must match the signature.
- The telephone numbers you wish to port must be clearly indicated.
- If asked for a RespOrg by the losing provider, please reach out to us so that we can provide it to you.
- The LOA and the proof of ownership documents must not be older than 30 days.
If your port request is rejected, check what could be the reason from the list of most common reasons.
How long does it take to port?
For a detailed explanation, please check our article "How long does it take to port my existing phone numbers?".
Important: Always contact your carrier and let them know that you plan to port your number. Sometimes when a carrier is not informed, they may cancel your number before the port is completed and this can cause a short outage. You must ensure service is maintained with the existing carrier until the port is completed.