Talkdesk for ServiceNow unifies the agent experience by providing a deep integration between your call center and IT/customer service desks. The automated tasks in ServiceNow ensure that Cases, Incidents and Users are created without any user intervention based on events in Talkdesk.
With automations, you can create rules, such as:
- When a new user is created in Talkdesk, create a user in ServiceNow
- When a call is missed in Talkdesk, create a case in ServiceNow
- When a voicemail is left, create an incident in ServiceNow with a link to the recording
These automated tasks will help to streamline customer interactions and enhance the quality of service your team provides to customers.
To configure an automated task, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Navigate to Admin  > Integrations .
- Click on ServiceNow .
- Click Add New Automated Task or Add your first automated task for ServiceNow  if you don’t have any yet. This will take you to the automation configuration page.
- Customize the automated task according to your needs.
- Once finished, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Example: Creating a new contact when an outbound call ends
Let’s walk through an example of creating the automated task: “When an outbound call ends in Talkdesk then Create a new contact in ServiceNow“.
In section 1, “Choose a Talkdesk event and an action”, use the dropdown menus to configure a statement like “When an outbound call ends  in Talkdesk then create a contact  in ServiceNow”.
If desired, you can click Add filter in section 2, “Define event”, to fire this automation only when certain conditions are met.
See our full documentation on Automated Tasks Filters for more information.
In section 3, “Define action”, you can customize the details Talkdesk sends to ServiceNow by dragging the relevant fields into the text boxes. For more information, read the article Automated Tasks Fields.
You can customize these fields according to your preferences, however, please note the Last name  and Contact type  fields are required for this automation.
Once the configuration is complete, click Save at the bottom of the page to activate the automated task. You can disable and re-enable this automated task at any time by switching the toggle to 'OFF' / 'ON'.
Using Custom Fields from ServiceNow
If you have added custom fields to the User, Case and Incident objects, you may want to populate those when creating them via automations.
By default, Talkdesk will show all standard fields and any custom fields marked as mandatory in the automation screen for a particular object.
Follow the instructions below to leverage custom ServiceNow fields in Talkdesk automations.
- Go into your ServiceNow instance, find the Talkdesk section of the main navigation menu, and select Field Mappings.
- To add a new field to the automations UI, click New.
- Select the relevant table, then pick the field you wish to show in the automations UI.
- Click Submit.
- When you go back to Talkdesk and refresh the page, the selected field will show up when creating or modifying automations that create or update the relevant object.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.