Once your agents have installed Callbar App (or Conversations App), they will need to be added to the Callbar App CTI in Salesforce.
Note: Callbar CTI Electron enables the Salesforce integration on both Callbar and Conversations App without additional configuration actions on the Salesforce side. As such, for the scope of this article please consider any configuration process of the Callbar App to be also applicable to the Conversations App.
Adding Users to Callbar and Conversations App CTI
Note: The same process applies in both Salesforce Classic and Lightning.
- Log in to your Salesforce account as an Administrator and navigate to App Launcher > Talkdesk Lightning> Talkdesk Admin :
- Click on Users .
- Select all users who will be using the Callbar App or Conversations App and click the Change CTI button .
- Select the Callbar CTI Electron .
Logging in to the Callbar App and Conversations App CTI in Salesforce
To start using Callbar or Conversations App with Salesforce all agents will need to log in to the new CTI prompt displayed inside their Salesforce accounts.
To do this:
- Type in your Talkdesk account name and press Login .
- A window will pop up asking you to type in your Talkdesk email address and password. Enter your Talkdesk account details and press the Login button.
That’s it! Callbar/Conversations App is now connected to your Salesforce account.
Now, when clicking a contact's Salesforce badge in Callbar/Conversations it will automatically open the associated contact in Salesforce. You can also log calls and launch Callbar to initiate a call to one of your contacts with an associated phone number through a single click on that contact's profile page in Salesforce.
You can now log in to Talkdesk Callbar or Talkdesk Workspace and start making and receiving calls.
Note: Agents added to Talkdesk using Talkdesk for Salesforce Managed Package are automatically assigned to Salesforce as the default Callbar Integration, however, for all other agents, you will need to ensure the correct integration is selected as default with Callbar.