In order to install and configure Talkdesk Callbar Electron and integrate it with your Zendesk account, follow these steps (Note: you must have admin permissions):
Installing the Callbar Electron for Zendesk
If you have not yet done so, install the Talkdesk Callbar Electron application from the link that was sent to you via email, and make sure your agents do the same by following the instructions here for Windows machines or here for Mac. Also, download the .zip file that was sent to you in the same email.
Install the Talkdesk Callbar Electron Connector for Zendesk:
- Click the Admin gear icon  on the bottom left sidebar of your Zendesk account.
- Under Apps, click Manage .
- Then click Upload private app .
- In the Upload App menu, enter the App Name  Callbar Electron.
- Click the Choose File button  and choose the .zip file that was sent to you in the email.
- Click the Upload button .
Double click the just installed Callbar Electron app to open it:
- Tick 'Enabled'  next to Role restrictions’ if you wish to grant access permissions only to specific roles.
- Switch the Enable button to ON  and Save your settings at the bottom of the page .
Logging into the Callbar CTI Electron in Zendesk
To start using Callbar Electron with Zendesk all agents will need to login to the new CTI prompt displayed inside their Zendesk accounts.
To do this they should follow these steps:
- Type in your Talkdesk account name  and press Next.
- Press the Login button.
A window will pop up asking you to type in your Talkdesk email address and password:
- Enter your Talkdesk account details and press the Login button.
Note: Make sure to follow the instructions here to assure no other integration is selected to be used by your agents as default with Callbar.
Now, when clicking a contact's Zendesk badge in the Callbar it will automatically open the associated contact in Zendesk:
You can also log calls and launch the Callbar to initiate a call to one of your contacts who has a phone number associated through a single click on that contact's profile page in Zendesk.