In order to install and configure Talkdesk Callbar App and integrate it with your Zendesk account, follow these steps (Note: you must have admin permissions):
Also, download the Callbar Private App connector for Zendesk by clicking here.
Note: If you were previously using Callbar Chrome App with Zendesk you must first uninstall Talkdesk Callbar CTI Connector. To do this, follow the instructions here.
Upload Talkdesk Callbar App Connector file into Zendesk:
- Click the Admin gear icon  on the bottom left sidebar of your Zendesk account.
- Under Apps, click Manage .
- Then click Upload private app .
- In the Upload App menu, enter the App Name : Callbar App.
- Click the Choose File button  and locate the Talkdesk Callbar App Connector .zip file.
- Click the Upload button .
Double click the just installed Callbar App to open it:
- Tick 'Enabled'  next to Role restrictions’ if you wish to grant access permissions only to specific roles.
- Switch the Enable button to ON  and Save your settings at the bottom of the page .
Logging into the Callbar App CTI in Zendesk
To start using Callbar App with Zendesk all agents will need to login to the new CTI prompt displayed inside their Zendesk accounts.
To do this they should follow these steps:
- Type in your Talkdesk account name  and press Next.
- Press the Login button .
A window will pop up asking you to type in your Talkdesk email address and password:
- Enter your Talkdesk account details and press the Login button.
Note: Make sure to follow the instructions here to assure no other integration is selected to be used by your agents as default with Callbar.
Now, when clicking a contact's Zendesk badge in the it will automatically open the associated contact in Zendesk:
You can also log calls and launch Callbar to initiate a call to one of your contacts who has a phone number associated through a single click on that contact's profile page in Zendesk.