Though SMS messages or surveys open up new communication possibilities, they also carry a set of legal requirements regarding whom, when, and under what conditions you are allowed to message. Laws and regulations that apply to the telecommunications industry as a whole may also apply to SMS text messaging.
Depending on where your business operates, you may be subject to these or other legal requirements while enabling SMS Talkdesk services. You should ensure that your organization complies with local regulations.
We strongly recommend you seek the counsel and approval of your Legal team in order to ensure your compliance with any relevant legal requirements and to understand your legal risk, if any. As the service provider for SMS text messages or "common carrier," Talkdesk cannot be held liable for any violations committed.
For SMS with Talkdesk Feedback, we recommend the following best practices:
- Include how the subscriber can opt out of the survey session at any time (e.g., by texting “STOP”).
For Talkdesk Digital Engagement, we recommend that you consider the following:
- A2P 10DLC Compliance: Please note that Talkdesk Digital Engagement’s SMS products are fully compliant with A2P 10DLC. For further details, please refer to this article.
- Opt Outs:
- When a customer sends an Opt-Out message, using the terms “STOP”, “STOPALL”, “UNSUBSCRIBE”, “CANCEL”, “END”, or “QUIT”, it will trigger an automatic standard reply, stating that there was a “STOP” message received and that no other future messages will be sent to that customer number, from that specific SMS company number. The only way that messages can be sent to that number again, is if the end customer sends a subsequent message with “START”, “YES”, or “UNSTOP”.
- If the customer sends “HELP”, then the message reply will feature basic helpful information on how to opt out.
- GDPR Compliance: Please refer to this link for more information on Talkdesk and GDPR.