Talkdesk Hybrid Cloud is a Talkdesk-provided Amazon (AWS) S3-based recording storage solution that provides additional security measures for compliance with industry-specific regulations pertaining to storing recordings, such as:
- HIPAA: Storage is located in US East (Northern Virginia) and includes a Business Associate Agreement (BAA). Note: While Talkdesk is not a covered entity and does not consider itself a business associate, we want to ensure that our customers can use Talkdesk in a compliant way. Talkdesk follows industry best practices for security, availability, processing integrity, and confidentiality.
- GDPR: Storage is located in Ireland.
- PIPEDA: Storage is located in Canada.
- GovCloud: Storage is located in US West.
- ANZ: Storage is located in Australia/New Zealand.
How does it work?
Recordings are transferred directly to the Talkdesk-provided Hybrid Cloud storage bucket. This process happens asynchronously for each recording file.
When a user tries to access a recording through the Talkdesk application or third-party Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Talkdesk will create a signed Uniform Resource Locator (URL) to the recording file. Users must be authenticated in order to play the recording.
Talkdesk partners with Talkdesk Global Communications Network (GNC) to power real-time communications with end customers according to Talkdesk GNC’s standard Terms of Service. Recording files are created by TGNC and stored within Talkdesk GNC’s infrastructure (albeit temporarily).
Talkdesk initiates the transfer immediately after being notified by Talkdesk GNC that a recording file is available. Once confirmed that the recording has been successfully transferred to the customer’s server, Talkdesk requests the deletion of that file from Talkdesk GNC.
For more details about Talkdesk GNC’s security practices, please check Talkdesk GNC’s Security Whitepaper.
Existing recordings will not be copied to the new Hybrid Cloud storage bucket, remaining accessible in the Talkdesk bucket.
All workflows and logic tied to Talkdesk bucket recordings (access permissions and deletion policy) remain the same in the Hybrid Cloud storage bucket, as stated in the customer's Talkdesk account Recording Retention Policy settings.
For additional assistance and guidance, please contact Talkdesk Support.